Home for Good is a volunteer-powered, London-wide befriending project. Our volunteers provide bespoke support to vulnerable and formerly homeless clients who have been resettled into their own accommodation, and/or are facing isolation. The purpose of the service is to empower people to establish connections and thrive in what will often be a new community for them. If you want to make a lasting difference to someone’s life then this is an opportunity for you.
What will I be doing?
• You will be matched with a client with the aim of assisting them to get to know their local area and link into local community services
• Providing reliable, regular and sustained contact
• Encouraging the achievement of personal goals
• Participating in activities of interest to the client and empowering them to continue independently
We would like to hear from you if:
• You’re compassionate, kind and non-judgemental
• You’re committed and reliable
• You’re patient and able to motivate and engage others
• You’re able to maintain and respect The Passage policies and procedures
• You have a genuine commitment to working to empower clients with complex and multiple issues
• You have excellent communication and listening skills
• You have the confidence to work independently in the community with support from the Home for Good Team
• Flexibility on where you could meet, including central London, is desirable
What to expect:
• A straightforward approach to volunteering
• A full induction and training for your role
• Support and supervision to help you carry out your role (including group supervision/training opportunities for volunteers)
• A budget for meeting and travel expenses
When: Once a week/fortnight for 1-2 hours. Days and times are flexible
Supervised by: Home for Good staff
Commitment: We require a minimum commitment of 6 months from our volunteers
Still interested? Please send us a message for an application or any other information.
This role requires the provision of two references, a DBS (criminal record) check and mandatory training provided by Home for Good. We welcome applications from people with lived experience of homelessness.
You must be aged 18 or over for this role.
You must sign in to apply for this position.