felixprojectuk The Felix Project
Working with food suppliers and charities to reduce food waste and food poverty
Help us get good food to the people who need it! As a Warehouse Assistant you will be at the core of our operations: picking orders for charities, sorting food and helping keep our warehouse in good nick.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
• Ensuring food quality and safety by checking ‘use by’ and ‘best before’ dates
• Sorting and recording food
• Assembling food orders placed by charity and community groups
• Maintaining health and safety and food hygiene during your sessions
• Helping with cleaning and other tasks as identified by warehouse staff
• Able to perform physical tasks including lifting and loading
• Able to work effectively and use your initiative in a fast-paced environment
• Able to follow The Felix Project’s policy, procedures and systems
• Interested in food and committed to redistributing food waste to charities
• Flexible – there may be times when we ask you to help on other projects/tasks
• Manual Handling (2-minute online video)
• Food Safety and Hygiene (2-minute online video)
Shifts vary between 2 hours (for early morning or evening shifts) to 4 hours.
You must sign in to apply for this position.