We aim to make social action as easy as possible for parishes and schools in the Diocese of Westminster.
We have divided the diocese into six hubs, each with a development worker who can help your parish or school set up social action initiatives. If you already run a project we can help with sustainability, volunteer recruitment, and other aspects of project management.
We will support you in developing any project that furthers the church’s mission to people who find themselves marginalised, discriminated against, or otherwise struggling with the pressures of life and the injustices in our society. We have bespoke support available in the following areas:
- Food provision (including supermarket vouchers and support for food distribution projects).
- Homelessness and support for people living in temporary accommodation.
- Supporting people with general cost of living issues.
- Walking alongside people in later life.
- Walking alongside people with intellectual disabilities (through Caritas St Joseph’s).
- Support for Deaf people in your community (through Caritas Deaf Service).
- Domestic Abuse (training available from Safe in Faith).
- Refugees and migrants.
- Formation and education in Catholic Social Teaching for parishes and schools
You can get involved by becoming your parish’s Caritas Rep. Find out more here.