Little Village supports families with babies and children under five living in poverty
Our volunteer drivers bring joy in a box to families across London. Delivering essential gifts of clothing and toys, prams and cots, you will be handing over immediate relief to families living in poverty.
“I have received the items for my baby today. I am writing to express my deepest gratitude for your help, you are truly godsent!”
Who is Little Village?
We are London’s biggest Baby Bank, helping over 7000 children per year. With love, we collect donations of pre-loved items to share with children living in poverty.
Volunteers are at the heart of Little Village and essential to everything we do. From supporting families face to face or on the ‘phone to sorting donations or delivering gifts.
At Little Village, you’ll meet local like-minded people, use your skills, and have fun. Most importantly, you’ll make a real and immediate difference to families facing tough times.
What will I do?
• Deliver gifts to families at their home address across London
• Drive your own vehicle or collect a hire van, organised by us
• Collect packages of essential items, including children’s clothing, toiletries, buggies and cots and deliver to families
• Transport items from community events to one of our hubs
• Transfer stock and items between Little Village baby banks
• Volunteer on your own, with a friend or with one of our volunteers
What do I need for this role?
• Full UK driving licence
• Availability twice a month (approximately 2 half weekdays)
• Have access to own vehicle or happy to drive a hire van
• Able to lift and transfer boxes, buggies, and cot parts
• Patience and understanding when facing challenges
• A positive playlist to keep you happy in the traffic!
What’s in it for me?
• Petrol / mileage expenses available
• A co-pilot buddy (optional)
• Induction and regular training
• Written references on request
• Unique insight into child poverty in the UK and not-for-profit sector
Hours per week: Between 1 and 4 hours
You must sign in to apply for this position.