AgeUKHerts Age UK Hertfordshire
Local charity providing support to Hertfordshire residents
Are you an active listener? Are you able to deal with complex situations?
As a Bereavement Service volunteer, you will provide emotional support to those who have suffered bereavement and loss. Volunteers are trained to listen and give emotional support. Volunteers are trained to understand the many ways bereavement and loss can affect people emotionally and physically.
WHAT DOES THE ROLE REQUIRE YOU TO DO?
– Calling up/receiving calls from older people who have suffered bereavement and loss
– Providing confidential support, information and advice on local services to help them work through their emotional needs
– Reassuring them that decisions they make are the right ones for them
WHAT WILL YOU RECEIVE?
– Training and support provided by the Bereavement Service team
– Knowledge that you will be helping older people who have suffered bereavement and loss in the community
– Knowledge that you will have made a difference to someone when they feel like there is no one else to turn to
– Valuable volunteering experience to enable you to provide a service in a measured and responsible way
All volunteers recruited are subject to references and a clear, enhanced DBS. Training and support will be provided.
Hours per week: More than 1 hour
You must sign in to apply for this position.