Website Dads House
A charity founded to help single dads
We are looking to appoint three trustees with senior level expertise for Dads House, a charity founded to help single dads.
Role and Responsibilities
Trustees have ultimate responsibility for Dads House and its work. The Board of Trustees is responsible for the overall governance and the medium to longer term strategic direction of the charity. Together with the CEO the trustees help to develop the charity’s aims, objectives and goals in accordance with the governing document and the legal and regulatory guidelines.
Ideally, you will have skills and strategic experience in financial management, fundraising and general administration. However, qualities which are desirable include business acumen and dealing with people at all levels. The trustees will possess legal, strategic, governance and public policy skills. An understanding of the provision of free legal advice would be helpful.
• To ensure that the charity and its representatives function within the legal and regulatory framework in line with the charity’s governing document, continually striving for best practice in governance.
• To uphold the duties of the position, undertaking such duties in a way that adds to public confidence and trust in the charity. The objective being to keep the charity in line with its aims and defined public benefit.
• To take appropriate professional advice from colleagues in all matters where there may be material risk to the charity. The CEO and Company Secretary help the trustees as needed.
• To avoid any personal conflict of interest.
• Maintaining sound financial management of the charity’s resources, ensuring expenditure is in line with its objects, and investment activities meet accepted standards and policies.
• To maintain absolute confidentiality about all sensitive/confidential information received in the course of trustees’ responsibilities to the charity.
If you wish to have an informal chat with founder William McGranaghan, please contact us. The minimum age is a guideline only.
You must sign in to apply for this position.