Members pay a small amount each week and in return choose groceries worth many times more
We’re looking for friendly, reliable Pantry Assistants (example shift options: Thursday evenings/Friday afternoons or Saturday afternoons) to help our members feel welcome and supported.
You’ll be helping to set up and display the food (including pack up at the end), adhere to food hygiene and safety guidelines (training provided), offer personal assistance to shoppers and help with check-out.
– Retail experience preferable (but not essential)
– Great customer service skills
– Some manual lifting involved
– Food hygiene knowledge is helpful (full training provided)
– Able to work a full shift including set-up and clear-up (4-5 hours approx)
– Reliable and friendly
As a volunteer with Hitchin Pantry you’ll feel part of the community, work with other friendly volunteers and get to know our lovely members.
Hours per week: More than 4 hours
You must sign in to apply for this position.