The Salvation Army Anti-Trafficking & Modern Slavery Department
Providing support to adult survivors of modern slavery
To transport victims of Modern Slavery & Human Trafficking to a place of safety. You may be the first person to show care and empathy to the victim on their journey to recovery.
Location: Journeys can be anywhere in and around London or Hertfordshire, and will be split with other volunteers if over a certain distance or time period.
Accountable to: National Transport Coordinator
Background: The Salvation Army has delivered the UK Government’s contract to provide support for victims of Modern Slavery & Human Trafficking since 2011. As part of the contract, The Salvation Army are required to provide a safe, effective and demand led Transport Service.
What you will do:
• Undertake transport journeys for victims as arranged by Transport Team
• Reply to notifications via smartphone app or text message to advise if you are available
• Complete and submit relevant paperwork
• Ensure that the vehicle used is clean, roadworthy and legal
• Share any concerns about the victim with the transport team or relevant agencies whilst adhering to GDPR
Hours per week: Between 3 and 5 hours
You must sign in to apply for this position.